Explore. Experience. Engage.

Powered by our sister site, Family Vacation Critic

Sandals Grande St. Lucian Report April, 2006

Author: Host DebbieH103
Email: DebbieH103@aol.com (More Trip Reviews by Host DebbieH103)
Date of Trip: April 2006

We laid around all morning doing nothing. We read at the pool and played our games.

We headed down for our snorkeling trip before 1 p.m. We didn't know it was going to be a 3 hour trip, but it was. We headed off in the dive boat with the divers to Anse Cochen. I've snorkeled in the area before. The water was so clear, and we saw so many fish and a lot of colorful coral. The water was cold, but we got used to it. We stayed out there for 50 minutes. We saw some fish we had not seen before. It was worth the trip down, but do find out when they will snorkel up at Le Sport and when they will go down south if time is important.

We got back and were ready to eat something. We rinsed off and stopped by Barefoot by the Sea. They were set up outside on the sidewalk even though it was 4 p.m. We had skipped breakfast, and we were ready to eat. Barefoot has great lunch we tried shrimp quesadillas, fried fish fingers, grilled cheese, pizza, and they also had, jerk chicken, club sandwich, nachos, burgers and a number of other offerings.

We went out to the swim-up pool. I wanted to make sure to hit this pool since it was the only one we hadn't been to. It was really nice.

We went to the Bayside lover's dinner that they have on Tuesdays. We had to wait 20 minutes. Todd wanted to just go back to the Italian, but I wanted pumpkin soup. After the wait, we found out they were out of pumpkin soup!!!

They had that same seafood soup that they have all around the resort. It was good, but we'd had that. I had greens and tomatoes, and Todd had Caesar salad. I ordered mussels. The cream sauce was too heavy for me, but I did find one or two that weren't too saucy. I don't eat rich foods. Most people would have loved these. Todd had steak and shrimp.

We went back to the room and did some packing, trying to finish most.

April 5
We had a 6:30 a.m. departure. We finished our packing, bathing, etc. right on time and had a bellman come. We had no charges except the internet, which they put on our card on file after our permission. The bellman at the lobby desk made us schlep our own bags from the lobby desk to the van even though he was right there. We did so.

This flight was at 8:45 from George Charles in Castries. We arrived fairly quickly and were put in line. We had every bag searched, every device turned on.

When we got out to the departure lounge, they checked my purse again, even smelling my Altoid mints.

The flight was absolutely packed. We were seated next to a nice lady, across from a crying baby and its parents.

We were due into San Juan at 11 a.m. We arrived at 10:25. Customs was easy here, and we were in a van on the way to our cruise ship by 11 a.m.

Related Trip Reviews
St. Lucia Trip Reviews
Caribbean Trip Reviews
Send Us Your Trip Review!

Thank You For Signing Up!

Please Note: To ensure delivery of your free e-letters, please add news@independenttraveler.com to your address book.

We're committed to protecting your privacy and will not rent or sell your e-mail address. By proceeding, you agree to our privacy policy and Terms of Use.