Powered by our sister site, Family Vacation Critic
Travel Articles & Features
The Best Travel Destinations for Every Month
No matter which month you want to travel, we've got recommended destinations where the weather is ideal and there are fun festivals and other events going on. Click through our slideshow to get inspired!
Share your travel experiences with a free travel blog at our partner site, TravelPod.
Best bets of the season
- 8 Travel-Themed Holiday Gift Ideas for the Home
- Quiz: Where Should You Travel This Fall?
- Quiz: Where Should You Travel This Summer?
- Quiz: Where Should You Travel This Spring?
- Quiz: Where Should You Travel This Winter?
- Spring Vacation Ideas
- Summer Vacation Ideas
- Fall Vacation Ideas
- Winter Vacation Ideas
- Holiday Travel Ideas
Unique trips for every traveler
- Voluntourism: Does It Really Help?
- Q&A: Interviews with Travel Experts
- Travel Photography
- Food and Travel
- Bucket List Travel
- Beyond Restaurants: Eight Ways to Savor a Local Food Scene
- Nine Tips to Get the Most Out of a Travel Show
- Four (Almost) Free Ways to Travel
- Six Reasons You'll Love an Expedition Cruise
- 7 Places Where the Dollar Goes Farther
- Slideshow: The Eight Best U.S. Road Trips
- Eight Tours for People Who Don't Like Tours
- Seven Places Not to Take Your Mother
- Why You Should Take the Bus on Your Next Trip
- Cabin Fever: Seven Great U.S. National Park Cabins
- Top 10 Undiscovered Destinations
- Slideshow: The World's Most Magical Canal Cities
- Slideshow: Top 9 Destinations to See in the Dark
- Less Traveled National Parks
- Affordable Yacht Vacations: What You Need to Know
- Slideshow: The 10 Best National Parks
- Slideshow: The World's Coolest Castles
- Slideshow: Best Local Spots to See Wildlife
- Slideshow: Best Cities for Architecture Buffs
- Backpackers' Secrets: Top Tips for Cheap Travel
- Walking Tours and Trips
- Top Seven Spots for a Camping Trip
- Climate Change Travel: The World's Most Endangered Places
- Religious Tours and Spiritual Travel
- The Art of Slow Travel
- Bike Tours and Trips
- National Park Vacations
- Cruising for Independent Travelers
- Volunteer Vacations
- Women Travel Tips
- Single Travel: Tips for Going Solo
- Senior Travel
- Family Travel
- Disabled Travel
- Go Green Travel Center
- Living Abroad: 12 Tips from Travelers
- 12 Places Every Chocolate Lover Should Visit
- 9 Great Authors and the Places That Shaped Them
- 9 Best Destinations for Music Lovers
- World's 9 Most Gorgeous Gardens
- Genealogy Travel: How to Find Your Family Tree
- The World's 9 Best City Walking Tours
- The 9 Best Places to Travel Alone
- 12 Most Beautiful National Parks in the World
- The World's 9 Best Hot-Air Balloon Rides
What's the Deal?
Weighing your travel options
- How to Save Money on Food When You Travel
- More Weekend Getaways Under $500
- The Seven Cheapest Ways to Travel
- Rule 240 and Other Travel Myths
- Should You Check or Ship Your Bags?
- Budget Alternatives to Classic Destinations
- Transatlantic Flights
- Multi-City Flight Searches
- Weekend Getaways Under $500
- Traveling the Boston/New York City/Washington D.C. Route
- Best Bets for Booking a Last-Minute Trip
The lighter side of travel!
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Travel Movies?
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
- Quiz: Which Travel Job Is Right for You?
- Take Our World Capital Quiz!
- Travel Quizzes
- Quiz: Are You an Old-School Traveler or Traveler 2.0?
- Quiz: How Many Cities Can You Identify?
- What Your Chinese Zodiac Sign Says About Your Travel Style
- Quiz: How Efficient a Traveler Are You?
- The Most Awkward Moments in Travel
- 16 Ways You Know You're Addicted to Travel
- Seven Extreme Spa Treatments from Around the World
- The World's Weirdest Restaurants
- Seven Strange Foods from Around the World
- The World's Wackiest Ways to Get Around
- The World's Weirdest Museums
- The World's Best and Worst Toilets: The Sequel!
- The World's Quirkiest Hotels
- Your Turn: Best Travel Nuisance Tales in 100 Words or Less
- The World's Best (and Worst!) Toilets
- Top 11 Travel Nuisance Tales in 100 Words or Less