Relics of the Old World -- grand cathedrals, imposing castles and lost-in-time medieval villages -- mingle with the modern across Europe. The Continent's celebrated cities offer endless cultural pursuits for the traveler looking to get lost in the arts, from peering at paintings by the Great Masters to dining on cuisine cooked by decidedly contemporary chefs. Beyond the cities, rural landscapes tempt travelers to flee the urban scene and breathe fresh air in Swiss mountains, rolling Irish hills or sun-soaked Tuscan valleys.
Europe Travel Tips
- 11 Best Italy Experiences
- Top 25 Ways to Save on Europe Travel
- Planning a Trip to Europe in 10 Steps
- Europe -- By Plane or By Train?
- Slideshow: Greek Isles Revealed
- Unique, Affordable Europe Lodging
- Save on Summer Flights to Europe
- Slideshow: Best Cities for Architecture Buffs
- European Train Tips
- Eurail Passes