Sure, the Caribbean is home to white sand beaches and swaying palm trees aplenty, but the region is much more varied than you might expect. On some islands you'll find luxe mega-resorts and glitzy casinos; on others, the height of the action is a Friday night fish fry on the beach with the locals. Active travelers can swim under a waterfall, hike through rain forests, scuba dive among vibrant coral reefs or go horseback riding along the surf. But in between adventures, don't forget to slow down a little and enjoy the languid pace of island life.
Caribbean Travel Tips
- Which Caribbean Island Is Right for You?
- Top 25 Ways to Save on Caribbean Travel
- Aruba Travel Guide
- Barbados Travel Guide
- Dominica Travel Guide
- Martinique Travel Guide
- St. John Travel Guide
- St. Lucia Travel Guide
- Drama in the Dominican Republic
- Eight Warm Weather Winter Vacations
- Living Like a Local in Samana, DR