37 Responses to “Subscribe”

1. Taryn Stewart says:

Love your tips. Looking forward to using those to get to London.

• Thanks for the kind words, Taryn! Have a great trip to London.

Sarah Schlichter
      Editor
      IndependentTraveler.com

• Chuck says:

Please do not refer to AARP…the organization, in my opinion, has become very “progressive” and socialist. Do not give them free publicity. AMAC is a MUCH better organization for seniors. AMAC supports our constitution, freedom, and less government. Get in touch with AMAC and use some of their ideas for seniors, if you are going to quote aarp.

2. Big Kielbasa says:

Hope to find an Oct 2011 cruise on your site, found your link thru Cruise Critic.

3. Catladyesq says:

Just found your blog. I am looking for info/pointers on taking a mobility scooter on airplanes. We have recently acquired one for my hubby and will be flying to Newark (end destination Cape Liberty) in Sept. utilizing the mobility scooter. Hints, please.

• Hi there,

I believe that you should be able to ride the scooter up to the gate and then have the airline gate-check it for you, but I’d recommend calling your airline directly to be sure. Good luck!

Sarah Schlichter
      Editor
      IndependentTraveler.com

4. cora gero says:

love your blog

5. Ann Lombardi says:

Dear Sarah and Independent Traveler team,

Congrats on your 1st year blog anniversary. You are a staple in my daily travel tips daily. Keep up the fab work and thanks for sharing your expertise with your fans. Happy travels!
    Best wishes,
    Ann Lombardi, Atlanta
    @thetripchicks

6. Marsha says:

Love the tips and info

7. Ginger D. says:

Happy 1 year! Thanks for all the travel tips. Even a world traveler like me can always learn something new.

Independent Traveler Vagabond Ginger

8. David says:

I will enjoy this site

9. Ms Cruiser says:

Thanks for all the cruise tips and travel information. Keep up with all the great work!

10. sandy says:

Love the cruisin tips!!!!! Keep them coming..love the ones on how to save space in the cabin and the best tips of what to take on a cruise…

11. Joanne says:

I would be interested in traveling tips with a scooter also. I am going on a cruise, flying out of Philly mid October.

12. Gaila says:

I want to comment on your blog. I will say, this is my favorite blog. So many great travel tips. I love it!!

13. oliver cagle says:

The room is $400.00 per night

14. Joy Newman says:

I just recievced the carry on bag you recomended I will be leaving Dec.21 for a Christmas cruise and wait to use this great bag.

15. Loren says:

Your website is fantastic!

16. Debbie says:

We are taking a cruise from Rome on Celebrity in November and trying to decide if we should buy the stateroom bar set up…has anyone tried this and is it worth it?

17. Charles says:

Wish I had seen this article earlier…we will be leaving for Hawaii tomorrow for 17 days.

Sure whish I had the luggage organizers!

18. Anne says:

I’m planning a trip to Europe and I read about Homestays, has anyone tried it? What was the out come?

19. dorothy says:

5602.00

20. Bill Van dyken says:

Being in a wheelchair, I find your site a pleasure to read. I wonder if you could show some information about travelling in a wheelchair, tips, anything. Thank you.

21. heidi says:

Save all the perfume and cologne sample strips in magazine ads to take along for your perfume–no liquid, no space taken up and they often can be ripped in half to get to evening by just rubbing the sample strip on your wrists etc.

22. Patricia Koko says:

I am considering Zip Lining as a Shore Excursion from Holland America in Guatemala. Has anyone done this? How strenuous is it? I have already Zipped in Wisconsin but this might be different!

• Hi Patricia,

This might be a good question to post on our message boards; the message boards of our sister site, Cruise Critic, are another good spot to get your question in front of lots of readers (particularly fellow cruisers!).

Sorry I can’t answer your question directly, but hopefully if you post in those venues someone will be able to chime in.

Happy travels,

Sarah Schlichter
      Editor
      IndependentTraveler.com

23. alan marenstein says:

any recommendation a european river cruises

24. jack says:

These are really helpful travel tips, I like the part about having a headflashlight which keeps both your hands available to be used for emergency situations. Alot of things you would never even think of. Keep them coming

25. commonbutch says:

Hi All,

I’m sure this is an old question but this ismy first time on a blog..

We were on a tour with 8 people an guide and driver for 5 days.

How much should you tip when you are on tours? How should you calculate it?

Thanks, Kind Regards,

Commonbutch

• Hi Commonbutch,

This is a tricky question. Many tour operators offer guidelines for recommended tips. If yours doesn’t, it really depends on the overall cost of your tour and the quality of your guide and driver. As a very rough guide, I’d budget $5 – $10 per day each for the guide and driver — more if they give you significant personal service.

Happy travels,

Sarah Schlichter
      Senior Editor
      IndependentTraveler.com

26. Hello,
    I am an Author and a Therapist/Audiologist, who has just written a book published by Sovereign Education Media that can be useful to many of your readers. Its called Disabled World Travels and is available presently on Amazon.com. Would I be able to write a story about traveling and be a guest post? Thanks for your consideration.